Conservatory and Greenhouse Technician
The University of Michigan Matthaei Botanical Gardens & Nichols Arboretum is seeking to hire a full-time temporary (9 month, 2 term limited) Collections/Natural Areas Technician to assist in the development, maintenance, and management of living plant collections and natural areas in support of teaching, research, public outreach, and conservation goals of the U-M Matthaei-Nichols. Employment begins Tuesday, September 4, and ends Thursday, May 30. This position is 40 hours per week, Sunday through Thursday.Job duties may include:
- Working alone or as part of a team to maintain plant specimens and collections, assist with greenhouse operations and the stewardship of the Conservatory.
- Growing plants in greenhouses and tending conservatory plants; plant, water, fertilize and assist with regular integrated pest management (IPM) and routine cleaning.
- Supervising and leading student interns, work-study students, and volunteers.
Posting begin/end dates: 7/24/18-8/7/18.
Visitor Services Events Coordinator
The University of Michigan Matthaei Botanical Gardens & Nichols Arboretum is hiring a Visitor Services Events Coordinator. The events coordinator is part of the Visitor Engagement Team and reports to the Business Operations Manager and is responsible for coordinating all public exhibits and events at Matthaei Botanical Gardens and Nichols Arboretum.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Work with Visitor Engagement Team and other department staff to develop, coordinate and host events at Matthaei Botanical Gardens & Nichols Arboretum.
- Develop and plan events that enhance exhibits and other seasonal happenings at the Arb & Gardens.
- Form connections with UM student groups and UM departments & faculty to promote participation in exhibits and events.
- Work with and train volunteer teams that staff events.
Job posting begin/end dates: 8/1/18-8/15/18.
Student Work-Study Positions:
Each academic year, we hire dozens of work study students for paid positions in all areas of our organization- Visitor Engagement, Natural Areas/Horticulture, Facilities/Grounds, Education, Campus Farm, GIS and more! To see current openings for work-study positions at Matthaei Botanical Gardens & Nichols Arboretum please visit the UM Student Employment website. Find our postings by filtering your search to show Work-Study positions for Botanical Gardens and Arboretum.
We believe diversity strengthens our ability to achieve our mission. The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Join our Mailing List
Sign up to receive updates on news and events.