Resources & Links
Looking for a resource or a link to a university website or one of our partner nonprofit groups? We collaborate and work with the University of Michigan and other area colleges as well as many different organizations such as Ann Arbor Backyard Beekeepers, Audubon Society, and Ann Arbor Bonsai Society.
Click on any of the links below to visit the websites of the individual groups or university units.
For all horticultural and botanical questions, such as plant diseases or plant identification, appropriate climate zones, native and invasive species, etc., please visit the Michigan State University Extension site.
Websites of our affiliated nonprofit groups
- Ann Arbor Bonsai Society
- Ann Arbor Garden Club
- Growing Hope
- Fleming Creek Advisory Council/Huron River Watershed Council
- African Violet Society of Amierica, Inc
- Michigan Botanical Club
- Project Grow
- Sierra Club
- The Stewardship Network
- Washtenaw Audubon Society
- Wild Ones. Native Plants. Natural Landscaping.
- Ann Arbor Farm and Garden
Websites of U-M Departments and organizations
- Public Garden Management: A Complete Guide to the Planning and Administration of Botanical Gardens and Arboreta
By Donald A. Rakow and Sharon A. Lee (Wiley, 2011). With a chapter contributed by MBGNA Curator Dr. David C. Michener.
- A Field Guide to the Natural Communities of Michigan
By Joshua G. Cohen, MBGNA Curator Michael A. Kost, Bradford S. Slaughter, and Dennis A. Albert
- Fleming Creekshed Report
Huron River Watershed Council, 2012
- Surveys and Research Projects
- Bumble Bee Nest Survey
- Other Helpful Links
- DNR Eastern Massasauga Rattlesnake Website
Join our Mailing List
Sign up to receive updates on news and events.