The Gaffield Children’s Garden at Matthaei Botanical Gardens is hosting weekly hands-on Nature Play Pop-ups summer 2018. On Monday mornings 10 – 11:30 am and select Sunday afternoons 3-4:30 pm through August 27, volunteers will lead interactive, exploratory nature play activities. These lightly guided activities take place in the nature art area of the Gaffield Children’s Garden. Young children will have hands-on fun while taking a closer look at nature, and parents will leave with easy ideas to encourage creative nature play at home.
No registration. First to arrive, first to play. Kids can join in as spaces open during the pop-ups. Suggested ages 3-7.
NOTE: All materials stay at Gaffield Children’s Garden unless otherwise specified.
- Monday, June 4 — Digging for Seashells (in sand trays).
- Sunday, June 10 — Bubbles, Bubbles
- Monday, June 11 Soil Insect Exploration
- Monday, June 18, Nature Curtain
- Sunday, June 24, Building Fairy Houses
- Monday, June 25, Cairns & Stacking Stones
- Monday, July 2, Nature Potions
- Sunday, July 8, Nature Painting
- Monday, July 9, Building Fairy Houses
- Monday, July 16, Plant Parts
- Sunday, July 22, Cutting Garden
- Monday, July 23, Digging for Dinosaurs & Fossils
- Monday, July 30, Bubbles, Bubbles
- Sunday, August 5, Digging for Treasures
- Monday, August 6, Leaf Safari
- Monday, August 13, Insect Clay Play
- Monday, August 20, Cutting Garden
- Monday, August 27, Nature Painting