Search Committee Created for New Director of Matthaei-Nichols
On March 16, 2020 the formation of an advisory committee for the search for the next Director of the Matthaei Botanical Gardens and Nichols Arboretum was announced. In early March, the Provost’s Office charged the committee members to present an unranked slate of recommended candidates at the end of their process.
The search advisory committee welcomes support and feedback. Please send comments, inquiries, and nominations to the consultants for the search, Naree Viner and Tenley Bank with KOYA Leadership Partners, at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the search committee chair, Associate Dean Chris Poulsen, at email@example.com.
View the search committee members
- Chris Poulsen (chair), associate dean for natural sciences, and professor of earth and environmental sciences, LSA; and professor of climate and space sciences and engineering, College of Engineering.
- Sara Adlerstein Gonzalez, associate research scientist, environment and sustainability, and intermittent lecturer in general operations, School for Environment and Sustainability.
- Maricela Avalos, data and geographic information systems specialist, MBGNA.
- Regina Baucom, associate professor of ecology and evolutionary biology, LSA.
- Jenna Bednar, Edie N. Goldenberg Endowed Director of the Michigan in Washington Program, and professor of political science, LSA; and research professor, Center for Political Studies, Institute for Social Research.
- Rebecca Harley, undergraduate student, LSA; campus farm student manager, MBGNA.
- Jeremy Moghtader, campus farm program manager, MBGNA.
- Frances Mueller, associate vice provost for academic and budgetary Affairs, Office of the Provost.
- Keesa V. Johnson, graduate student research assistant; campus farm student manager, MBGNA.
- Tom Porter, MBGNA Vision Leaders Council.