On Saturday, October 14, the newly constructed Matthaei Botanical Gardens Trail officially opens to the public! Please join us from 9:30 am to noon to celebrate the grand opening of the trail. If you plan on joining us, we encourage you to RSVP here.
Below you can find a schedule of morning events:
9:30-11:30 am — Activities at the trail head (near the Campus Farm off the gardens’ south entrance)
- Mobile Bike Repair Stand by Common Cycle
- Face-painting by Doodlebug Ink
- Coffee Trucks
- Matthaei-Nichols Membership booth
10 am — Ribbon cutting and brief remarks to officially open the trail
10:30 am — Children’s activities in the Gaffield Children’s Garden
- Nature play pop-up
- Terrarium building
- Campus Farm tour by Campus Farm Manager Jeremy Moghtader
- Great Lakes Gardens tour by Curator of Native Plants Mike Kost
- Display Gardens tour by Mike Palmer
Bikers, walkers, and strollers welcome. Although pets are allowed on the trail, we ask that you do not bring your pet to the celebration.
Matthaei Botanical Gardens
1800 N. Dixboro Rd.
Ann Arbor, MI 48105