Matthaei Botanical Gardens & Nichols Arboretum invites you to apply for our Spring Artist Market in May! Here’s how it works: submit your original, nature-inspired work for consideration – jewelry, sculpture, glass, photography, paintings, fiber, etc. We’re looking for a variety of different art forms at a variety of price points. We supply you with a table and seating. You sell your art directly to the public, keep the proceeds and garner the exposure to the U-M and local communities. For details read more below.
Applications due: March 31 by midnight
Notifications sent: April 5 by 5pm
Market date: Saturday, May 11, 2019
Time: 10 am – 4:30 pm
- $60 per table
- Each set up includes one 8 x 2.5-foot table and chairs. We set up the table and chairs prior to your arrival. Participating artists are required to be present at their booth for the duration of the market hours.
- Extras: To enhance your booth, you may request to add on the extras. Supplies are limited and available on a first-come first-reserved basis.
- White table cloth – $10 (supplies limited)
- An additional 4’x2′ table, creates L-shaped table configuration (supplies limited) – $20
- Electricity (includes power strip and extension cord, supplies limited) – $10
Event space and tables: Auditorium: Fits 18-21 booths total. Each booth has an 8 x 2.5-foot table. The space behind and to the sides of the booth is very limited. Vendors should plan on keeping their booth and items contained to the the table. This space can hold two L-shaped table configurations with an extra 4-foot table ($20).